AIAM Q3 2017 NEWSLETTER
AIAM Q3 2017 NEWSLETTER
25 Aug 2017
We hope you had a good summer break to recharge and gear up for the rest of the year! We are writing to touch base on important matters and updates.
AIAM has been striving to organise better quality events and networking for all to thrive. Members need to get actively involved.
As EAMs, we juggle many things at the same time. Running an entrepreneurial business, keeping up with banking trends, ensuring client needs are always met, and coming together as an industry must also be on the top of our list.
It is not only to share a good glass of wine, but to also exchange knowledge and increase our professional know-how. From time to time, we learn from one another.
We ought to keep up with this engagement. One step at a time, we can foster yearly highlights for all to remember.
Be part of the action!
Annual General Meeting
I look forward to having everyone show up at this yearly event! Do form teams of four and mingle with other members over golf or bowling earlier in the day.
|REGISTER BEFORE 12 SEPTEMBER|
Meanwhile, I would like to thank the following members for supporting this important event:
06 Sep Dimensional Fund Advisors: Build Portfolio Solutions with Higher Returns
11 Sep Sectoral Asset Management: Healthcare Market Review And Outlook
21 Sep AIAM: Golf, Bowling and Annual General Meeting
03 Oct Global Precious Metals: Gold Storage Site Visit
30 Oct Old Mutual International: Educational Talk
14 Nov Compliance Workshop
01 Dec AIAM Year End Gala
Q1 2018 AIAM C-Suite Networking
Appointment of Internal Auditors
Deloitte and IYER Practice Advisers have agreed to provide expert internal audit services at an exceptionally privileged annual fee of SGD5,000 for every AIAM ordinary member firm. This annual fee remains unchanged for a three year period.
- It is an MAS requirement for all licensed and RFMCs to have an annual internal audit. Download here the signed agreements, terms and conditions for your perusal.
- If you already engage one of these providers for external audit, you cannot use the same firm for internal audit.
- Once confirmed, please notify email@example.com and support-SG@aiam.org.sg of your appointed internal auditor.
From 1 September 2017, Duff & Phelps will replace Ingenia Consultants (previously known as Maroon Analytics) as AIAM’s Compliance Support Centre.
Please find your individual firm’s direct agreement for review and acceptance here. If you wish to engage and participate in the AIAM Compliance Support Centre, each ordinary member firm is required to sign and return Page 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each ordinary member is entitled up to 2 hours’ of Duff & Phelps’ time responding to each query submitted during each engagement year. All queries, submitted by email to email@example.com, will be acknowledged within 1 working day. A substantive reply will be provided within 3 working days.
- Duff & Phelps will also provide regular updates and training to AIAM on regulatory changes applicable to external asset managers.
- To feedback, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
For past regulatory support materials, please log into Useful Resources.
Stay tuned for more updates!