Details of the Complementarity Assessment Framework (COMPASS) Bonus Criteria
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) has released details on the COMPASS Bonus Criteria, comprising the Skills Bonus (Criterion 5) and the Strategic Economic Priorities Bonus (Criterion 6).
These bonus points help companies secure the complementary foreign manpower necessary to seize economic opportunities in the immediate term.
More details can be found below:
Skills Bonus – Shortage Occupation List (SOL)
• Recognises Employment Pass (EP) applicants in occupations that require highly specialised skills that are currently in shortage;
• EP applicants filling an occupation on the SOL can earn up to 20 bonus points on COMPASS;
• MOM will impose additional safeguards, such as checking on past work experience and qualifications, on EP applications for occupations under the SOL.
Strategic Economic Priorities Bonus (SEP)
• Recognises firms undertaking ambitious investment, innovation, internationalisation, or company and workforce transformation activities;
• Firms receiving the SEP bonus will be awarded 10 bonus points on COMPASS for each EP application submitted;
• To qualify, firms must:
• Participate in one of the eligible programmes;
• Demonstrate commitment to developing their local workforce; and
• Be supported by sector agencies or the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC).
To find out more about these updates, please refer to:
Press release on details of COMPASS Bonus Criteria.
Helping firms get ready for COMPASS
The Workforce Insights tool on MyMOM Portal, allows firms to understand how their EP applications will likely perform on the COMPASS firm-related criteria
In preparation for COMPASS roll-out on 1 September 2023, we encourage you to use the Workforce Insights tool to assess how your future EP applications will likely fare under the firm-level criteria of COMPASS.
Announced at MOM’s Committee of Supply 2022, COMPASS is a new points-based framework that considers both individual and firm-related attributes to holistically evaluate an EP applicant’s complementarity to Singapore’s workforce. It provides firms with clarity and predictability for manpower planning and recognises efforts to develop a strong local pipeline and a diverse foreign workforce.
COMPASS will apply to new EP applications from 1 September 2023, and to renewal EP applications from 1 September 2024. For the most up-to-date information, please visit www.mom.gov.sg/ compass